A science slam is a scientific talk where researchers compete to present their work in front of a non-expert audience.
The EURAXESS Science Slam 2014 will take place on 6th November 2014 in Beijing. Five researchers from across China will compete for the main prize in an evening full of original presentations.
It will be you who decides whose slam performance is the best. You will have the power to judge the creativity, originality and style of the five slammers, out of which only ONE will become the winner! Come, bring your friends and see for yourself how to make science most accessible, creative and fun!
Free drinks and food are included.
It is an OPEN EVENT - but better register by clicking on the pink RSVP button above, to secure a seat. The capacity is limited!
Update: We are pleased to announce that the scientific jury has selected the lucky five who will compete for the main prize !
The five slam finalists are (...drums...) :
- AMBROSI Raymond - From the Boxer Uprising to Cultural Resurgence- The Underground Plum Flower Boxers and the Rejuvenation of Community Life in Rural North China
- DENG Zhuo - 'Who stole my electrons?' - Electron Loss Process in 3rd Generation Solar Cells
- FLORES Nahiely - Numerical Models in Astrophysics
- LI Miaoyan - Bitcoin, Its Development and Risks
- WANG Yanting - A Story about Addiction